|Home||Introduction||Task||Process||Evaluation||Conclusion||Credits & Teacher Page|
ProcessIn order for you to be able to complete the task successfully, you must go through the following steps:
Step 1You must be able to answer specific questions about a computer system. Here is a list of questions that you will need to answer in a separate Word Document. Copy these questions then go to the RESOURCE Section of this WebQuest to find the answers:
- What is a computer?
- What are the major components of a computer system?
- What are some examples of other components that you can get with a computer but are not considered major components: List two.
- Describe the function of an input device and list 4 examples.
- Describe the function of an output device and list 4 examples.
- Name six components that are found inside the case of a computer and give a quick explanation of what they do.
- Describe the CPU and its importance to a computer system
- List, describe, and collect a picture for at least 4 different mediums that one can use to store information from a computer.
ResourcesUse the following web sites to collect the necessary information.
Parts of a Computer Pictures of parts of a computer How a Computer Works More on computers In-depth look at Computers and peripherals Intel's The Journey Inside Animated Computer Parts Dictionary Flaming Text to Create Banners in Brochure Clip Art from Microsoft Office On-line History of Laptop
Step 2Now create a tri-fold brochure using Microsoft Word. The brochure must have the following:
- Word Art
- graphic image depicting part to be sold
- name of your company
- bulleted list on description of part, function of part, definition of part, cost of part, and any other tidbit about the part you want to add
- a quote from a "satisfied customer" about the part you sold them. This quote is indented with narrower margins than your brochure
- the name of your company--ByteBack Technology
- your name and fictitious contact information
- a banner from flamingtext.com
Step 3Now click on the grading rubric link below to see where you stand on your grade. If you follow the rubric, you get to decide how much of a grade you earn. This rubric is part of the evaluation section.
Step 4Once you are satisfied with obtaining the best possible grade on the rubric, print out your brochure and fold it along the borders into a tri-fold brochure. Print out the answers to your questions and attach the brochure to it. Turn in your brochure for a grade.